Thursday, February 27, 2014

Assignment 9, Part I Collage

The following collage shows my approach to my impressions of the site. When we arrived to our site locations I was filled with the surroundings that we get to perceive of a place that suffered a big natural disaster like hurricane Sandy. Therefore, my way of exposing these feelings are by describing a neighborhood that is in a phase of overcoming the past and moving on to a brighter future. I decided to do the left side black and white to show the nostalgic feelings and the right side in bright colors to show a healthier environment in order to produce a contrast where I can describe the destruction and the revitalization of this neighborhood. 

The following collage shows my approach to the word edge. When I think of this word I imagine angles, rectilinear shapes and organic forms. I see edge as the skyline in our city, the waterfront of a place, the sides of a rectangular cube and the beautiful formations in the edge of a leaf. All these examples for me show the simple and complex things we can find related to EDGE.

The following collage shows my approach to my program. Since I will be working on a sports complex, the ideas that come to my head are movement and motion of the human body. I wanted to show the different movements that a body will create while performing a certain activity. I wanted to show different situations like running, stretching and moving in order to see the ability of our body to shape according to the activity that is been performed. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jose.
    I had already commented on this post but unfortunately I closed the browser before I published the comment.
    Short version of it is: great collages; great sense of style and colors; visually appealing and well crafted, its evident you put a lot of effort in your work and i have to say it pays off.
    All three collages are good but i prefer the top and middle one. Top is a great balance and transition between B/W and color as well as feelings gradient. Middle because its insightful and a good juxtaposition effect. and because it expresses efficiently the "edge feeling".
    keep up the good work.
    ES

    ReplyDelete